- Table View
- List View
Autobiography of the famous baseball legend David Ortiz.
Career planning advice, includes discussion of the right job for different personalities and resumes
For 86 years, the Red Sox labored under the Curse of the Bambino, never winning a World Series. Then in 2004, a group of self-proclaimed "Idiots" banished the curse in rare style, first defeating the Anaheim Angels 3-0 to win the division, then overcoming a 3-0 deficit to beat the infamous New York Yankees, and finally sweeping the St. Louis Cardinals 4-0. This book tells the story behind that amazing season through interviews with the men who changed Red Sox history forever.
For 86 years, the Red Sox labored under the Curse of the Bambino, never winning a World Series until a group of self-proclaimed "Idiots" banished the curse in 2004. Ten years later, MLB.com writer Ian Browne caught up with many of the men from that never-say-die squad and wove their memories of the season, the playoffs, and their subsequent lives with his own journalism to create a book that is both poignant and hugely entertaining. Woven around the 2004 memories and insights of Derek Lowe, Keith Foulke, Dave Roberts, Gabe Kapler, Pedro Martinez, Johnny Damon, Mark Bellhorn, Tim Wakefield, Terry Francona, Theo Epstein, and others. A marvelous gift and profoundly satisfying read for Red Sox fans.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.