- Table View
- List View
Teaching the Arts: Early Childhood and Primary Education provides a comprehensive and exciting introduction to Arts education in Australia and New Zealand. By illustrating the fundamental links between theory and practice, this book equips students with the skills and knowledge to teach the Arts. The book covers each of the five Arts strands -dance, drama, media arts, music and visual arts - in detail. Each chapter encourages readers to engage with the Arts and provides opportunities to develop understanding and practical skills through reflective questions, examples and activities. Teaching the Arts draws important links to the Australian Curriculum, the New Zealand Curriculum, the Early Years Learning Framework and TeWhariki, and includes substantial references to Indigenous histories and cultures, relationships with Asia, and sustainability. Generously illustrated and featuring excellent on-line resources, Teaching the Arts is an indispensable resource for pre-service teachers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.