Living in a love-hate relationship-with your spouse, kids, parents, friends, co-workers, and even God-can leave you feeling confused and furious. But the practical strategies presented in this book will help you overcome your most agonizing relational predicaments. Drawing on a wealth of experience as therapists and as best-selling authors, David Stoop and Stephen Arterburn provide you with:Insightful analysis of the "problem behind the problem behind the problem" in love-hate relationshipsHands-on questionnaires and exercises to help you sort out your mixed-up feelingsReal-life case studies that show how you can protect yourself from abuse without cutting yourself off from people you care aboutProfessional advice to help you work through your bitterness and disappointment and manage the healing act of forgiveness
Not many married couples have discovered the secret of daily prayer together. In fact, informal statistics reveal that only about 4% of all Christian married couples do so. After years of marriage without the spiritual intimacy of praying together daily, Jan and David Stoop overcame their reluctance and took the plunge. Thirty years later, they can testify to the indisputable value of their simple prayer times together. They only regret that they didn't start sooner. In this practical, encouraging book, you will be inspired and challenged to try an experiment-one that might revolutionize your married life. Jan and David have written a book that is honest, practical, and realistic. Their thoughts on resistance and barriers to praying together, and their suggestions for how to pray together are the best I've ever seen. Any couple will be encouraged to try to pray together after reading this book.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.