- Table View
- List View
The most frequently cited, widely used, and critically acclaimed text on multicultural counselingIn addition to significant revisions and updates reflecting changes in the field, Counseling the Culturally Diverse: Theory and Practice, Sixth Edition features new chapters on:Multicultural counseling competence for minority mental health professionalsMulticultural evidence-based practiceCulturally competent assessmentPoverty and counselingFilled with numerous examples, authentic vignettes, and practical case studies, Counseling the Culturally Diverse, Sixth Edition remains the best source of real-world multicultural counseling preparation for students and an influential guide for professionals."This edition adds the latest hot-button issues in the multicultural world .... Everything you ever wanted to know about multicultural counseling is included in this edition. It continues to be the standard for any mental health professional treating persons from racial/ethnic minority populations .... It is authoritative, illuminating, and clinically compelling."-Melba Vasquez, PhD, ABPP, Past President, of the American Psychological Association; independent practice, Austin, Texas"Counseling the Culturally Diverse, Sixth Edition is a phenomenal piece of work that is comprehensive in scope, penetrating in its insights, and pragmatic in the way it teaches the reader how to navigate the pathways of culture."-Thomas A. Parham, PhD, Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs, University of California, Irvine Distinguished Psychologist, Association of Black Psychologists"Counseling the Culturally Diverse continues its tradition of defining the field and charting a proactive course for training a new decade of counselors and therapists for culturally competent practice in our increasingly culturally diverse and globally interconnected society. If only one book was to be read in an entire master's or doctoral program in counseling or psychology, it should be Counseling the Culturally Diverse."-Joseph G. Ponterotto, PhD, Professor, Fordham University, and practicing multicultural psychologist
The major thesis of this edition is that counseling and psychotherapy are rooted in and reflect the dominant values of the larger society.
Sue and Sue's important work about counseling diverse populations.
An elaborate text on why people exhibit abnormal behaviours, how they express their disturbances, and how such behaviours can be prevented, diagnosed and treated.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.