- Table View
- List View
When a farmer in Spain captured a two-headed snake in 2002, scientists wanted to study it. When National Geographic Daily News published a story about the discovery, people wanted to read all about it. More than a million people clicked on the site and kept coming back for more unbelievably true stories. An Internet sensation was born.Since then, more than 100 million individuals have clicked on stories put together by David Braun and his crack team of editors for National Geographic Daily News. And readers cannot get enough information about the often weird, sometimes miraculous things being discovered by scientists every day--incredible flying sharks, the strange sex lives of ducks, mind-controlling fungus that turns ants into zombies, and the darkest planet in the universe. This reader features the most wildly popular, incredibly weird, and totally true stories from National Geographic's Daily News site presented in a compact, fact-filled reader. It will be a must-have for fans of Braun's website and for fans of "fun fact" books like the Uncle Johns Bathroom Reader series. The millions of fans who follow David Braun's National Geographic Daily News will be thrilled with this incredible reader filled with their favorites from the website. The most popular ones are all here presented in a lively, engaging format that is entertaining for the mind and easy on the wallet.
Every company faces the inevitable challenge: stagnate or grow. One of the fastest ways for small- and mid-size companies to expand is through acquisition. Purchasing another company can seem daunting - but when done right, it can deliver outstanding rewards. Successful Acquisitions supplies the key information thatbusiness leaders need to know about finding and buying companies. Written by an M&A expert with more than $1 billion in transactions under his belt, the book's practical and comprehensive approach integrates all the moving pieces into a logical step-by-step process that covers: * The art and science of researching companies * Building and balancing an acquisitionteam * Valuation tips that look beyond the obvious * The importance of "the seller's equation" * Developing a negotiation platform * How to be tough and still protect the buyer-seller relationship * Guidelines for structuring an airtight deal * The letter of intent, due diligence, purchase agreement, funding, and other essentials * Bringing the deal to a timely close * A 100-day plan for making integration a success It's all here. From building the foundation to growing the relationships to cementing the deal, Successful Acquisitions is a complete roadmap to buying companies and achieving proactive strategic growth.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.