- Table View
- List View
In tune with today's readers--rich but never effete--this is the art history book of choice for a new generation. Presenting a broad view of art through the centuries, it sympathetically and positively introduces the works of all artists. This includes women, artists of color, and the arts of other continents and regions, as well as those of Western Europe and the United States. The new edition contains even more full-color reproductions, larger images, redrawn maps and timelines, and new photographs and higher quality images. Balancing both the traditions of art history and new trends of the present, Art History is the most comprehensive, accessible, and magnificently illustrated work of its kind. Broad in scope and depth, this beautifully illustrated work features art from the following time periods and places: prehistoric art in Europe; ancient art of the Near East, Egypt, the Aegean, and Greece; Roman and Etruscan art; Jewish, early Christian, and Byzantine art; Islamic art; art from ancient India, China, Japan, and the Americas; medieval art in Europe; Romanesque, Gothic, and Renaissance art; Baroque art; art of the Pacific cultures; the rise of modern art; and the international Avant-Garde since 1945. An excellent reference work and beautiful edition for any visual artist.
For two-semester courses in Art History Survey, Global Art History, and for Introductory Art courses taught from a historical perspective. Exceptional in scholarship and pedagogically in tune with the needs of today's students rich but never effete Marilyn Stokstad's Art History is the art history text of choice for a new generation of teachers and students. Presenting a broad view of art through the centuries, it introduces beginning students in a positive and sympathetic manner to the works of all artists. This includes women and artists of color, and the arts of other continents and regions in addition to those of Western Europe and the United States. Balancing both the traditions of art history and new trends of the present, Art History is the most comprehensive, accessible, and magnificently illustrated work of its kind.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.