- Table View
- List View
Today, more than ever, people are thinking about their cholesterol levels. But the resources they've had to help them be healthy were intimidating and expensive--until now. This guide is the non-intimidating, easy-to-follow, one-stop resource for managing and maintaining healthy HDL, or "good" cholesterol levels. From recognizing the risks of high cholesterol and artery blockage to creating a sound diet and exercise plan, this is a comprehensive yet uncomplicated guide. In bite-sized tips, it provides the keys to lowering the risk of heart disease--the leading killer of men and women in the United States. Helping you take the steps you need to live a healthier lifestyle, this tip-based book is the ultimate collection of life-saving suggestions for anyone affected by bad cholesterol.
From irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) to heartburn, gastrointestinal conditions are epidemic today. Luckily, with the right knowledge and care, sufferers can successfully manage their symptoms'and feel better. This book is the essential guide for those dealing with any number of digestive health problems, including diverticulitis, constipation, acid reflux, and others. With this book sufferers learn how to: Choose a specialist Understand their diagnosis Manage medications Select vitamin and herb supplements Avoid foods that exacerbate their condition, while still getting the nutrients they need Prepare recipes for delicious foods that are easy on the digestive tract This book includes prescriptive information to reassure even the most discouraged patient. It's the first step toward a comfortable, confident, and healthy new life.
Is this your life? You've been feeling just plain awful for far too long -- depressed, exhausted, achy, stressed-out, bloated, and forgetful. In fact, you're beginning to find it hard to remember the last time you felt really well -- or even just okay. So you go to the doctor -- perhaps even a series of doctors -- who tell you either that your test results are normal and you're fine or that you have to learn to live with your symptoms. Maybe they even prescribe medications that don't help or that knock you out with side effects. You're fed up. You want your health back. If this sounds familiar, read on. You may be suffering from what Dr. David Edelberg calls the "Triple Whammy" -- a three-pronged assault on body and mind made up of unrelenting stress, low levels of the feel-good brain chemical serotonin, and your ever-shifting hormones. You can benefit from The Triple Whammy Cure, a simple but highly effective three-week plan that can stop this devastating attack and let you feel good again. It's important to take action now because, if Triple Whammy symptoms aren't stopped, Triple Whammy disorders can eventually develop: chronic anxiety, chronic fatigue syndrome, memory loss, PMS, menopause problems, postpartum depression, depression, fibromyalgia, wintertime blues, TMJ, irritable bowel syndrome, brain fog, migraines, sleep problems, overeating, and weight gain. If you've been diagnosed with one or more of these, you can start feeling better soon by following the Three-Week Cure and the special healing path provided for your condition. Author Dr. David Edelberg is a recognized pioneer in treating chronic illnesses and a practicing physician with thirty years of clinical experience. Dr. Edelberg's Triple Whammy Cure is a natural program that provides powerful but easy solutions for each of the three whammies, with steps that include: boosting your serotonin levels without taking an antidepressant, natural supplements backed up by the best studies for smoothing hormonal swings, and a stress-relief menu that's more fun than work. There's also a delicious serotonin-boosting eating plan. And reading his healing paths for Triple Whammy disorders is like having a virtual appointment with Dr. Edelberg. The Triple Whammy Cure is so simple that Dr. Edelberg's thousands of patients wondered how it would work -- until they tried it themselves and felt so much better only twenty-one days later. Case stories in the book show how these patients got their lives back. Now, The Triple Whammy Cure can help you get back your life, too.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.