- Table View
- List View
An alien attack and an admiral's betrayal leave a wounded Commander Nicholas Seafort stranded aboard a doomed ship of arrogant colonists and violent street children. His crew is rebellious, his ship short of weapons, fuel, food. Easy prey for the alien predators now massing to attack. Only Nick Seafort's will stands between his charges and violent death. But is he merely postponing their end?
Seventh book of the Seafort Saga. A young boy avenges his father's death on the alien invaders called Fish.
Naval Academy Commandant Nicholas Seafort is a legend to the masses, an idol to his hundreds of teen cadets. They don't see the tormented soul of a man who believes that merciless duty has led him to betray every friend he ever loved, every ideal he ever cherished. After a lifelong ordeal, Seafort needs time. Time to reflect. Time to heal.<P>Instead he is pulled into a maelstrom of crisis, corruption, and danger as the helpless, unprepared Earth faces annihilation from a horde of alien attackers. Alone at the center of a cosmic apocalypse, Nick Seafort must face his final battle... and his most unforgivable sin.
This is the second book in the Rodrigo of Caledon series of epic fantasy novels and follows the Still.
A hideous accident kills the senior officers of UNS Hibernia -- leaving a terrified young officer to save three hundred colonists and crew aboard a damaged ship on a seventeen-month gauntlet to reach the colony of Hope Nation.<P>With no chance of rescue or reinforcement, Nicholas Seafort must overcome despair, exhaustion, guilt; he must conquer malfunctions, mutiny, and an alien horror beyond human understanding. He must save lives. And he must take them, in the name of duty.<P>"The most entertaining and best science fiction series in decades."<BR> "LANSING STATE JOURNAL"<P>""Midshipman's Hope" and "Challenger's Hope" are prime examples of excellent science fiction action and adventure. These books are akin to a cross between Captain Hornblower and Ender's Game. I highly recommend Feintuch's works to any of you who enjoy a great story."<BR> "MYSTERY GALAXY BOOKSTORE NEWSLETTER"<P>"Compulsively readable and amazingly engaging. This is one of the best science fiction novels I have read in a long time."<BR> DANIEL KEYS MORAN, AUTHOR OF "THE LAST DANCER"
U.N. Sec Gen Nicholas Seafort is the most powerful person on Earth, but his merciless sense of honor and faith is about to be tested. The ecology of the planet is on the point of collapse-a crisis Seafort himself helped cause.
Assigned to Hope Nation while recovering from injuries, Captain Nicholas Seafort is appointed liaison to the wealthy planters of the verdant colony planet. But, reeling from a savage alien attack, the U.N. space flotilla flees homeward, and the colonists seize their moment to rebel. His beloved wife and closest friends gone, Seafort must halt a revolution and rally the ravaged colony against the inhuman invaders. But to save the world, Nicholas Seafort must forsake his vows--and commit an unthinkable, suicidal act of high treason.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.