- Table View
- List View
When it comes to food, nature provides a wealth of delicious choices. But each one also supplies unique health benefits. From apples to yogurt, this comprehensive encyclopedia of power foods from top nutritionist David Grotto proves that what tastes good can also be good for you--and tells you why. Did you know. . . * A handful of tart cherries before bed can help you sleep better * Hot peppers may fight skin cancer * Potatoes may reduce the risk of stroke * Grape juice may be as heart-healthy as red wine * Honey can help wounds heal faster In working with thousands of clients over many years and searching for the most nutritious and tasty foods, David Grotto made a simple but profound discovery: telling people what they couldn't eat was far less effective than telling them what they could. So began his list of power foods, rich in nutrients, loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants and important omega fats--and surprisingly more familiar than you might expect. More than a reference book,101 Foods That Could Save Your Lifewill make a significant impact on your health by guiding you to gradually add these foods to your diet. Plus, each entry includes a history of the food's origin, therapeutic benefits along with scientific research, tips for use and preparation, and an appetizing recipe from a leading chef or nutritionist. Prepare to awaken your tastebuds, lose excess weight, and feel the healing begin. From the Trade Paperback edition.
From headaches to joint pain, acne to anxiety, chronically a cold foot to depression, 101 Optimal Life Foods takes on thirty of the most common health issues-and shows you how to introduce healing to your through delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes. Inside you'll discover that
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.