Power up your day with a daily dose of chia!Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber are the superstars of cardiovascular health, and chia seeds contain them both in spades. They're also great sources of iron, calcium, magnesium, and zinc, and have been linked to better cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood pressure levels. It's no wonder they've been a staple in Central American diets since the Aztecs, and are once again growing in popularity. Chia is truly a superfood, both nutritious and versatile. Both the seeds and sprouts are edible, but there's so much more to chia than that!Cooking With Chia For Dummies explores the benefits and many uses of the chia seed, and guides you through a multitude of ways to add chia to your diet. Featuring over 125 recipes, you'll learn how to choose among the different types of chia options, how to use and how to use it, and exactly how much you need to reap the health benefits.Camouflage your chia or make it the star of the dishIncorporate chia into your favorite mealAdapt the recipes to be vegan, vegetarian, or gluten-freeDiscover chia recipes that even kids will eatLearn why you shouldn't harvest the sprouts from your Chia pet, and where to buy high-quality seeds to eat. Chia is already fueling endurance athletes and is beloved by dietitians. You deserve to feel great, and there's no reason your taste buds should suffer for it. Chia is a delicious addition to any meal, and there's no reason for you to miss out. Cooking With Chia For Dummies is your comprehensive guide to adding chia to your diet, and your companion on the journey to ultimate health.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.