- Table View
- List View
The book is designed to provide a theoretical introduction to the field of active assessment, a practical guide to the development of assessment tools for scientific inquiry and a case study of a specific development and implementation process of assessment in a scientific inquiry program. As currently designed the book would have two sections: the first, theoretical and practical developing the concepts of how assessment is developed and implemented and the second section, a case study from research work conducted in the outreach program of the Bacteriophage Institute of Pittsburgh. The book is designed for a wide market of scientists involved in scientific education laboratory work. As with the original research project, this book breaks new ground in the area of scientific education and assessment and at this current time there is no book or research monograph that explicates a serious, comprehensive approach to the assessment of scientific inquiry. It is important to note that according to all the central bodies involved in science education (see the National Research Council's standards for science education) that the use of scientific inquiry is the preferred method of teaching science. Accordingly a book of this type should provide an important service for all active scientific inquiry programs in that it presents for the first time a concept and method for assessing scientific inquiry on the undergraduate and graduate levels. This book could provide an interesting answer to this situation of a required educational context without developed methodologies for evaluation.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.