- Table View
- List View
With 60 practical, effective techniques that can be immediately applied to transform your management style, this essential guide covers all vital skills, including: * Understanding your role * Mastering daily tasks you should undertake * Getting heard and learning to listen * Setting goals and priorities * Becoming an inspiration * Tackling the tough stuff and troubleshooting
Whether you're a first-time manager or a seasoned professional, you know that a motivated, productive, and fulfilled team is your most important asset. Completely updated and revised, The Everything Managing People Book, 2nd Edition arms you with all you need to create a winning team, including straightforward advice on hiring and firing, leadership, delegation, and effective feedback.This new edition contains updated information on:Changes in today's business worldNew laws and regulationsThe latest in office technologyTelecommuting and job sharingFilled with practical tips and innovative strategies, The Everything Managing People Book, 2nd Edition helps you get the best out of your employees by providing the motivation and support they need to perform at their best. This hands-on, informative book serves as a desk reference you'll turn to again and again to find valuable information on leading an effective team and succeeding as a manager.
Completely updated and revised, The Everything Managing People Book, 2nd Edition arms you with all you need to create a winning team, including straightforward advice on hiring and firing, leadership, delegation, and effective feedback.
As a manager, you're sandwiched between the pressure of senior executives and the demands of your own staff members. The last thing you need is an unruly employee whose chronic "negaholic" attitude upsets your office applecart and affects the morale of your entire staff. Managing Difficult People gives you the tools you need to cope with all kinds of difficult employees. From sneaky slackers to resident office tormentors, this handy guide cuts to the chase, helping you identify and deal with specific personality types such as: # The Bully # The Complainer or Whiner # The Procrastinator # The Know-It-All # The Silent Type # The Social Butterfly # The "No People Skills" Person # The Rookie # The Overly Sensitive Person # The Manipulator It's time to take charge of all the difficult situations that come your way. Follow these positive, proactive guidelines for targeting telltale behaviors, and put an end to office strife once and for all!
If you are one of the more than 14 million Americans who suffers from a thyroid disorder, knowingly or unknowingly, Thyroid Balance is the key to restoring your health and well-being. Never before has there been a comprehensive guide that explains all the traditional and alternative methods available for treating thyroid disorders, and allows you to become an active participant in designing a balanced, practical treatment program. Using the amassed knowledge of twenty-five years at the forefront of the complementary medicine movement, Dr. Glenn S. Rothfeld answers every question the thyroid patient might have, including how to: recognize a thyroid condition; determine if the adrenal gland is the real culprit; distinguish between hypo, hyper, autoimmune, and subclinical conditions; integrate conventional and alternative treatments; know what to do when treatment fails; get your metabolism and your body thermostat back under control; control weight gain and loss; and so much more!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.