- Table View
- List View
Millions of Americans suffer from chronic back pain, but what most don't realize is that their ailment is often caused by a combination of factors. According to Dr. Debra K. Weiner, identifying the disorders that contribute to chronic back pain is a critical part of the treatment process. To achieve lasting relief, a multifaceted, multidisciplinary approach is needed--no single pill or therapeutic procedure will solve the problem. In this authoritative guide, Dr. Weiner has distilled 20 years of research and clinical practice into an integrative six-step program. Readers will learn: how to identify the causes of their back pain and determine which treatments are most useful; how to distinguish their problem from potential misdiagnosis; traditional and alternative physical therapies and exercises; proven mind/body approaches; a guide to common medications and injections; pros and cons of different surgeries and invasive procedures; and much more.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.