- Table View
- List View
Millions of Americans suffer from chronic back pain, but what most don't realize is that their ailment is often caused by a combination of factors. According to Dr. Debra K. Weiner, identifying the disorders that contribute to chronic back pain is a critical part of the treatment process. To achieve lasting relief, a multifaceted, multidisciplinary approach is needed--no single pill or therapeutic procedure will solve the problem. In this authoritative guide, Dr. Weiner has distilled 20 years of research and clinical practice into an integrative six-step program. Readers will learn: how to identify the causes of their back pain and determine which treatments are most useful; how to distinguish their problem from potential misdiagnosis; traditional and alternative physical therapies and exercises; proven mind/body approaches; a guide to common medications and injections; pros and cons of different surgeries and invasive procedures; and much more.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.