A new friend for Laura? Nothing's going right for Laura. Her friend Molly has moved to Kansas for a year. And her other "Friends " Stevie and Meg, are in a different class and go to soccer practice after school. Laura doesn't play soccer. Worse still, since her mother's gone back to work, Laura has to go to the After-School Program every day with all the little kids. When Laura becomes friends with Shana, a new girl who feels the same way Laura does about the Afterschool Program. Laura tries to tell Meg and Stevie how nice Shana is, but all they do is make fun of Shana's spiky hair and wild earrings. So Laura asks advice from Molly. With Molly's help, can Laura convince her old friends to accept her new friend?
MOVING! "Moving?" Molly gasped. She didn't even like saying that word out loud. "I don't want to move. Why can't I stay here with all my friends?" Molly's parents didn't even try to answer that question. "Why does Grandpa have to be sick anyway?" Molly blurted out. "It's all his fault!" Now she was really going to get a talking-to, the one about disappointing her parents and just thinking about herself. She knew what happened when people moved. People forgot all about you. Like her best friend in nursery school, Kristin, who moved away. Now she didn't even remember Kristin's last name. There had to be a way to get her parents to take back their words. There just had to be!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.