- Table View
- List View
Within the educational system, the role of assistant principal is vital. Assistant principals are the face of administration in most school districts, they comprise the largest group of administrators and largely determine school effectiveness and success. Despite the critical nature of this position, this leadership and management role is not properly understood or respected. This is reflected in the lack of targeted research and effective preparation programs aimed at the assistant principalship. This book examines two areas which are core to educational leadership theory and practice: assistant principals and the passage from teaching to administration. It describes the cognitive, social, and emotional challenges that new assistant principals encounter as they cross this administrative threshold and it contextualizes their narratives within psychological and sociological theories of change, transition, and socialization. A visual metaphor of cycles within cycles describes the four critical phases of their administrative journey. Also included are recommendations for aspiring and new assistant principals, regulatory bodies, professional development providers, and school districts. As administrative pools diminish and school leaders face increasing demands, there is an urgent need to prepare new assistant principals for this complex leadership transition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.