- Table View
- List View
Organize your family photos, heirlooms, and genealogy records In every family someone ends up with Mom's and Dad's "stuff"-a lifetime's worth of old family photos, papers, and memorabilia packed into boxes, trunks, and suitcases. This inheritance can be as much a burden as it is a blessing. How do you organize your loved one's estate in a way that honors your loved one, keeps the peace in your family and doesn't take over your home or life? How to Archive Family Keepsakes gives you step-by-step advice for how to organize, distribute and preserve family heirlooms. You'll learn how to: Organize the boxes of your parents' stuff that you inherited Decide which family heirlooms to keep Donate items to museums, societies, and charities Protect and pass on keepsakes Create a catalog of family heirlooms Organize genealogy files and paperwork Digitize family history records Organize computer files to improve your research Whether you have boxes filled with treasures or are helping a parent or relative downsize to a smaller home, this book will help you organize your family archive and preserve your family history for future generations.
Family history research can quickly create mountains of paperwork. This book give you step-by-step instruction to effectively organize and digitize your genealogy research papers.You'll learn how to:create a personalized filing system to suit your genealogy research style and experienceturn your computer into a top-notch filing clerk and research assistant by establishing a clear, consistent naming pattern for files and foldersScan old paper records and store them electronically to save space and make them easier to findmake digital copies of original source documents organize your family history research to pass on to future generations
In every family, someone ends up with Mom's and Dad's "stuff" - a lifetime's worth of old family photos, papers, and memorabilia packed into boxes. This book gives step-by-step instructions for organizing inherited items in a way that honors the loved one while bringing peace to the rest of the family.You'll learn how to:Effectively sort and purge boxes of your parent's stuff that you inheritedDecide which family heirlooms to keepDonate items to museums, societies, and charitiesProtect and pass on keepsakes
Effective family history researchers know that organization is the key to productivity. Organize the Three Rs - Research, Results and Records - to work smarter, not longer, so you can check off more items on your genealogy to-do list.This book offers step-by-step instruction to help you:Organize your genealogy research methodsOrganize your family history source citationsSelect the best software to make your genealogy research more effecient and effectiveConnect with fellow researches online to help find answers to your genealogy brickwalls
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.