- Table View
- List View
Organize your family photos, heirlooms, and genealogy records In every family someone ends up with Mom's and Dad's "stuff"-a lifetime's worth of old family photos, papers, and memorabilia packed into boxes, trunks, and suitcases. This inheritance can be as much a burden as it is a blessing. How do you organize your loved one's estate in a way that honors your loved one, keeps the peace in your family and doesn't take over your home or life? How to Archive Family Keepsakes gives you step-by-step advice for how to organize, distribute and preserve family heirlooms. You'll learn how to: Organize the boxes of your parents' stuff that you inherited Decide which family heirlooms to keep Donate items to museums, societies, and charities Protect and pass on keepsakes Create a catalog of family heirlooms Organize genealogy files and paperwork Digitize family history records Organize computer files to improve your research Whether you have boxes filled with treasures or are helping a parent or relative downsize to a smaller home, this book will help you organize your family archive and preserve your family history for future generations.
Family history research can quickly create mountains of paperwork. This book give you step-by-step instruction to effectively organize and digitize your genealogy research papers.You'll learn how to:create a personalized filing system to suit your genealogy research style and experienceturn your computer into a top-notch filing clerk and research assistant by establishing a clear, consistent naming pattern for files and foldersScan old paper records and store them electronically to save space and make them easier to findmake digital copies of original source documents organize your family history research to pass on to future generations
In every family, someone ends up with Mom's and Dad's "stuff" - a lifetime's worth of old family photos, papers, and memorabilia packed into boxes. This book gives step-by-step instructions for organizing inherited items in a way that honors the loved one while bringing peace to the rest of the family.You'll learn how to:Effectively sort and purge boxes of your parent's stuff that you inheritedDecide which family heirlooms to keepDonate items to museums, societies, and charitiesProtect and pass on keepsakes
Effective family history researchers know that organization is the key to productivity. Organize the Three Rs - Research, Results and Records - to work smarter, not longer, so you can check off more items on your genealogy to-do list.This book offers step-by-step instruction to help you:Organize your genealogy research methodsOrganize your family history source citationsSelect the best software to make your genealogy research more effecient and effectiveConnect with fellow researches online to help find answers to your genealogy brickwalls
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.