- Table View
- List View
This textbook has been organized to help to learn about the many people and places that make up our world.
From the sixteenth through the mid-nineteenth centuries, Spain, then Mexico, and finally the United States took ownership of the land from the Gulf Coast of Texas and Mexico to the Pacific Coast of Alta and Baja California--today's American Southwest. Each country faced the challenge of holding on to territory that was poorly known and sparsely settled, and each responded by sending out military mapping expeditions to set boundaries and chart topographical features.
This program introduces students to an enriched view of the interrelationships of geography, history, economics, government, citizenship, and current events--in one compelling package. A strong geographic thread is interwoven with history, government, and current events to analyze different regions of the world and the issues they face.
Study the information in "Country Profiles" in the North Africa and Southwest Asia Regional Atlas of your textbook. Fill in the missing data for each country of Southwest Asia on the table below. Then answer the questions that follow on the lines below.
World geography, world cultures...a world students can understand The World and Its People: Western Hemisphere, Europe, and Russia is a middle school program co-authored by National Geographic. This program introduces students to an enriched view of the interrelationships of geography, history, economics, government, citizenship, and current events--in one compelling package. A strong geographic thread is interwoven with history, government, and current events to analyze different regions of the world and the issues they face. Suitable for a world geography or world cultures class, this program is also available as a full survey and Eastern Hemisphere.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.