- Table View
- List View
When first published in 2005, Matrix Mathematics quickly became the essential reference book for users of matrices in all branches of engineering, science, and applied mathematics. In this fully updated and expanded edition, the author brings together the latest results on matrix theory to make this the most complete, current, and easy-to-use book on matrices. Each chapter describes relevant background theory followed by specialized results. Hundreds of identities, inequalities, and matrix facts are stated clearly and rigorously with cross references, citations to the literature, and illuminating remarks. Beginning with preliminaries on sets, functions, and relations,Matrix Mathematics covers all of the major topics in matrix theory, including matrix transformations; polynomial matrices; matrix decompositions; generalized inverses; Kronecker and Schur algebra; positive-semidefinite matrices; vector and matrix norms; the matrix exponential and stability theory; and linear systems and control theory. Also included are a detailed list of symbols, a summary of notation and conventions, an extensive bibliography and author index with page references, and an exhaustive subject index. This significantly expanded edition of Matrix Mathematics features a wealth of new material on graphs, scalar identities and inequalities, alternative partial orderings, matrix pencils, finite groups, zeros of multivariable transfer functions, roots of polynomials, convex functions, and matrix norms. Covers hundreds of important and useful results on matrix theory, many never before available in any book Provides a list of symbols and a summary of conventions for easy use Includes an extensive collection of scalar identities and inequalities Features a detailed bibliography and author index with page references Includes an exhaustive subject index with cross-referencing
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.