- Table View
- List View
When first published in 2005, Matrix Mathematics quickly became the essential reference book for users of matrices in all branches of engineering, science, and applied mathematics. In this fully updated and expanded edition, the author brings together the latest results on matrix theory to make this the most complete, current, and easy-to-use book on matrices. Each chapter describes relevant background theory followed by specialized results. Hundreds of identities, inequalities, and matrix facts are stated clearly and rigorously with cross references, citations to the literature, and illuminating remarks. Beginning with preliminaries on sets, functions, and relations,Matrix Mathematics covers all of the major topics in matrix theory, including matrix transformations; polynomial matrices; matrix decompositions; generalized inverses; Kronecker and Schur algebra; positive-semidefinite matrices; vector and matrix norms; the matrix exponential and stability theory; and linear systems and control theory. Also included are a detailed list of symbols, a summary of notation and conventions, an extensive bibliography and author index with page references, and an exhaustive subject index. This significantly expanded edition of Matrix Mathematics features a wealth of new material on graphs, scalar identities and inequalities, alternative partial orderings, matrix pencils, finite groups, zeros of multivariable transfer functions, roots of polynomials, convex functions, and matrix norms. Covers hundreds of important and useful results on matrix theory, many never before available in any book Provides a list of symbols and a summary of conventions for easy use Includes an extensive collection of scalar identities and inequalities Features a detailed bibliography and author index with page references Includes an exhaustive subject index with cross-referencing
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.