- Table View
- List View
More than ever, there is a need for trust in the workplace. After all, business is conducted via relationships, and trust is the foundation to effective relationships. Yet, trust means different things to different people and this is a big part of the problem. Collectively drawing on thirty years of research and experience with organizations around the world, Dennis and Michelle Reina put people on the same page. The Reinas provide a simple and comprehensive approach that works! Their approach outlines a common language to discuss trust constructively, identifies specific behaviors that build and break trust, and it describes steps for rebuilding trust and sustaining it over time, even during periods of change. Trust takes time to develop; it is easy to lose and hard to regain. It is a fragile yet indispensable element in any relationship. Betrayal, or the loss of trust, is the focus of countless fiscal scandals, all of which ultimately resulted from a lapse in trust. However, it is not just these major lapses of integrity that break trust. Trust is broken in subtle ways every day in every workplace. As a result, countless numbers of people in the workplace today are in pain, and many organizations are hurting. After years of constant change--downsizing, restructuring, or of mergers and acquisition--trust among people in organization is at an all-time low. We have all felt the pain of a breach of trust or even a betrayal during the course of our working careers. Unmet expectations, disappointments, broken trust, and betrayals aren't restricted to big events like restructurings and downsizings. They crop up every day on the job. The Reina's show us the shape and form betrayal takes, its impact on relationships and performance, and most importantly what we can do to rebuild trust. Trust & Betrayal in the Workplace helps us see the natural role trust and betrayal plays in our lives, how we can rebuild trust and transform workplace relationships. It provides new examples, highly practical tips, tools, and exercises to help readers create work environments where trust grows, where people feel good about what they do, where relationships are energized, and productivity and profits accelerate.
Trust and Betrayal in the Workplace: Building Effective Relationships in Your Organization (2nd edition)by Dennis S. Reina Michelle L. Reina
This book describes the ways that trust in the workplace can enhance worker productivity and increase employees' willingness to take risks, share information, and learn from mistakes. It argues that without trust, contemporary organizations will be unable to take the risks necessary to succeed in the rapidly changing environments of the new global economy. The Reinas both hold PhDs in human and organizational development and work for an organization development research and consulting firm. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.