- Table View
- List View
"The two most engaging powers of an author are to make new things familiar, and familiar things new."- Samuel Johnson (1709-1784). Glencoe Literature for 2002 also "makes new things familiar and familiar things new." Designed to meet the needs of today's classroom, Glencoe Literature has been developed with careful attention to instructional planning for teachers, strategic reading support, and universal access that meets the learning needs of all students.
Set in line with the Glencoe's teaching standards this book provides a wide range of literature material.
This text contains unit lessons of: From the Earliest Days, A New Nation, The Civil War and Its Aftermath, Regionalism and Realism, Beginnings of the Modern Age, Midcentury Voices, and Into the Twenty-First Century.
Designed to meet the needs of today's classroom, Glencoe Literature has been developed with careful attention to instructional planning for teachers, strategic reading support, and universal access that meets the learning needs of all students.
Literature textbook with selections from Africa; Ancient Greece and Rome; Southwest and South Central Asia; East Asia and the Pacific; Europe; and the Americas.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.