- Table View
- List View
The book will detail the history, successes, and failures of targeted therapies for cancer, with a particular focus on IGF systems and cancer.
There is a world-wide epidemic on obesity. This epidemic is driving the immense proportions of Type 2 diabetes across the globe. While there are numerous therapies for treating Type 2 diabetes, the most effective therapy is prevention. Prevention of Type 2 diabetes can be achieved properly by simultaneous prevention of obesity. Prediabetes, or metabolic syndrome, is the period between simple obesity and diabetes, and this critical period needs to be identified in a more consistent and systematic manner by clinicians worldwide. Clinical trials have indicated that diabetes prevention can be achieved by lifestyle changes and also by certain medications, though none are yet approved for use in prevention. On the other hand, there are funding agencies such as the NIH, CDC, and State Institutions that are interested in studying the prevention paradigms in different communities and ethnic minorities who are most prone to this epidemic. For these reasons, this title by renowned physician-scientist Derek LeRoith is both timely and vitally important for academic physicians, practitioners, allied health care providers, analysts, community activists, and all others interested in this increasing epidemic. This book provides a unique and comprehensive synthesis of the prevention and early diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes, focusing on identifying risk factors and then moving into topics that address how to prevent their progression to full-blown diabetes. The difficult task of changing patients' behavior is given special emphasis. The chapters in this practical volume are written by a wide range of international experts, refelecting the editor's distinguished, internationally renowned career. The volume is organized in eight sections: an introduction to the overall issue of prevention, definitions of values based on ADA guidelines, pathophysiology, discussion of a range of interventional trials regarding prevention, and an overview of state-of-the-art clinical management approaches. Comprehensive and timely, Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes: From Science to Therapy is an essential reference for those treating and researching Type 2 Diabetes.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.