Still myopically chasing quarterly profits, producing the same product the same way, issuing directives to increasingly disengaged employees? Too many organizations cling to outdated practices--to their detriment and almost certain demise. In today's unpredictable, interconnected world you cannot rely on the old rules of business to get stellar results. The New Corporate Facts of Life charts a clear path through the obstacles facing all companies--disruptive innovation, economic instability, environmental degradation, increasing stakeholder power, and other global forces--explaining exactly how to transform each challenge into competitive advantage. Based on interviews with over 50 top executives and thought leaders, including Coca-Cola Enterprises CEO John Brock, Georgia Tech President G.P. "Bud" Peterson, and UPS CFO Kurt Kuehn, the book recounts how leading-edge companies have begun re-shaping strategy, culture, vision, engagement, and leadership to succeed in this brave new world. Change is the only constant in business. Packed with inspiring stories and compelling examples, The New Corporate Facts of Life offers a bird's-eye view of the shifting landscape and reveals how any organization, large or small, can begin creating a profitable, sustainable future.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.