- Table View
- List View
Cinderella Smith has a problem with a capital P. She loses shoes almost as quickly as she puts them on her feet. But now she's lost the most important shoe of all: her shiny, ruby red tap shoe. Without it she won't have a chance of being chosen Pumpkin Blossom Fairy for the fall dance recital-and that means no special tutu, no crown, and no solo! The school year is starting out with big problems too. Her new teacher laughs at her name, she's sitting at the smart-boys table, and her old best friend is ignoring her. Now the new girl, Erin, has asked for her advice on wicked stepsisters. And Cinderella doesn't have stepsisters-wicked or otherwise! The recital is just around the corner and the stepsisters are on their way. Can Cinderella and Erin solve the capital P problems in time?
Vexylent. V-E-X-Y-L-E-N-T. Vexylent. Okay, okay, "vexylent" isn't a real word! Cinderella Smith made it up as a combination of "very" and "excellent." But Cinderella and Erin are hard at work learning to spell real words, because whoever wins first place in the spelling bee gets to pick the theme of the class party! Speaking of words, Rosemary T. has been using some pretty mean ones lately. So Cinderella decides to give her the silent treatment. But Cinderella's aunt Flora tells her that it's time to have a "what's what" with Rosemary. Will Cinderella be able to say, and spell, everything she needs?
Everyone has only nice things to say about my mom. Everyone likes her. She looks nice. She bakes great cookies and makes me feel better when I have a bad day. But would a really nice mom do embarrassing things like kiss me in public and tell loud jokes that no one thinks are funny? Well, my mom does those terrible things and worse - that's why I am sure that I have the most embarrassing mom in the world and that my mom is trying to ruin my life... Or is she?
From the day she was born, Nina was a ninja baby. She obliterated her applesauce. She concealed herself at bath time. And she was training herself in advanced infiltration (of movie night). Nina wants to do everything by herself, until the day her parents bring home a Kung Fu Master (a baby brother). Now with a sibling, Nina will face the one thing she cannot do alone: be part of a family. With verve and humor, David Zeltser and Diane Goode tell the story of an unusually gifted child, and the family that is more than a match for her.
The Emperor's New Clothes Hans Christian Andersen 3 The Sleeping Beauty in the Wood Charles Perrault 10 The Elves and the Shoemaker The Brothers Grimm 22 Rapunzel The Brothers Grimm 26 The Twelve Dancing Princesses The Brothers Grimm 34 Jack and the Beanstalk Old English 46 Snow White The Brothers Grimm 58 Puss in Boots Charles Perrault 74 Beauty and the Beast Madame LePrince de Beaumont 82 The Frog Prince The Brothers Grimm 94 The Valiant Little Tailor The Brothers Grimm 102 Red Riding Hood The Brothers Grimm 118 The Real Princess (The Princess and the Pea) Hans Christian Andersen 126 The Steadfast Tin Soldier Hans Christian Andersen 130 Cinderella Charles Perrault 138 Hansel and Gretel The Brothers Grimm 150 Rumpelstiltskin The Brothers Grimm 166 The Snow Queen Hans Christian Andersen 174 Thumbelina Hans Christian Andersen 194
The magic of the beloved ballet is captured in this edition. Art by a Caldecott Honor Book artist complements a succinct narration that is ideal for young children.
Grandma tells about her mama's journey to America by boat, years ago.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.