- Table View
- List View
She asked for it, she got it.... Anna Munson is constantly pestering the powers-that-be for true love and, quite frankly, Cupid's had it up to here. In fact, he's so fed up that he sends her an arrow of true love even though she hasn't proven herself worthy. Worse, he does it while she's on her first date with Nick Wells -- and Nick is barely worthy of true like. Cupid's rash behavior could cost him his wings if discovered by his higher-ups. But hopefully Nick and Anna will ruin their relationship before that happens. They are human, after all. He just got caught in the crossfire. Anna has never felt this kind of love before. To her own surprise (and Cupid's despair) it changes her. Completely. And Nick starts feeling kind of weird. He was just looking for some regular sex and a few laughs, but all this unconditional love and acceptance is throwing him off his game. Watching closely, Cupid knows exactly what's going on...and he doesn't like it. Not one bit. A little kernel has started to grow inside Nick's heart, and it could turn into something wonderful. But do Nick and Anna stand a chance with an ornery Cupid rooting against them?
Out with the old, in with the new, and on with the party! Maybe it's just another midnight...or maybe there really is magic in the air when December 31st becomes January 1st, and confetti kisses and champagne toasts kick off a new year, a new romance, a new look, a new attitude. Celebrate the start of something new with In One Year and Out the Other...a sparkling collection of all new stories by today's rising fiction stars: Cara Lockwood puts self-improvement to the test with 528 resolutions -- not least of which is "Do not sleep with married men" -- in "Resolved: A New Year's Resolution List"...Pamela Redmond Satran instructs a single mom in the fine art of partying like the boys (have lots of sex, don't worry that you're too fat) in "How to Start the New Year Like a Guy"...Diane Stingley shows a twentysomething why there's more to life than waiting by the phone for a New Year's date in "Expecting a Call"...Megan McAndrew seizes the day -- or just a very special one-night stand -- for a single food stylist hungering for more in "The Future of Sex"...and more great tales from Kathleen O'Reilly, Beth Kendrick, Eileen Rendahl, Tracy McArdle and Libby Street.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.