- Table View
- List View
An Introduction to Programming with C++, Sixth Edition is the latest C++ offering from Diane Zak. This book is distinct from other textbooks because of its unique approach, which motivates students by demonstrating why they need to learn the concepts and skills presented. Each chapter contains Mini-Quizzes, Labs, and Try This features to help readers practice and absorb the content as they go along. This edition also includes completely new applications and exercises, more IPO charts and flowcharts, and a brand new interior design.
Pairing fundamental programming concepts with fun, engaging game applications, Microsoft Visual Basic 2008: RELOADED, Third Edition provides a solid foundation in programming principles and how to use them. The book begins by covering the basics, like creating user interfaces, and understanding variables, constants, and calculations. Building upon this knowledge, coverage progresses to more advanced topics like creating classes and objects and using ADO.NET 2.0. This edition leverages the powerful pedagogy of previous editions, but brings it up-to-date with Visual Basic 2008.
Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2008, Fourth Edition by the best-selling author, Diane Zak, is designed for a first course in programming. Using the most recent version of the software, Visual Basic 2008, this book teaches individuals how to use Visual Basic applications as they would in a real world setting. Students with no previous programming experience learn how to plan and create their own interactive windows applications. GUI design skills and Object-Oriented Programming concepts are emphasized throughout the book.
PROGRAMMING WITH MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC 2012, 6E by best-selling author Diane Zak is the ideal choice for your introduction to programming. Readers learn to master the basics of effective programming as they work through a wealth of hands-on applications in this book's engaging real-world setting. Numerous learning features address today's varied learning styles with an approachable visual presentation, helpful step-by-step tutorials, and engaging "You Do It" activity boxes. Even students with no prior programming experience learn how to effectively plan and create interactive Windows applications. This edition emphasizes GUI design skills and object-oriented programming concepts throughout.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.