- Table View
- List View
An Introduction to Programming with C++, Sixth Edition is the latest C++ offering from Diane Zak. This book is distinct from other textbooks because of its unique approach, which motivates students by demonstrating why they need to learn the concepts and skills presented. Each chapter contains Mini-Quizzes, Labs, and Try This features to help readers practice and absorb the content as they go along. This edition also includes completely new applications and exercises, more IPO charts and flowcharts, and a brand new interior design.
Pairing fundamental programming concepts with fun, engaging game applications, Microsoft Visual Basic 2008: RELOADED, Third Edition provides a solid foundation in programming principles and how to use them. The book begins by covering the basics, like creating user interfaces, and understanding variables, constants, and calculations. Building upon this knowledge, coverage progresses to more advanced topics like creating classes and objects and using ADO.NET 2.0. This edition leverages the powerful pedagogy of previous editions, but brings it up-to-date with Visual Basic 2008.
Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2008, Fourth Edition by the best-selling author, Diane Zak, is designed for a first course in programming. Using the most recent version of the software, Visual Basic 2008, this book teaches individuals how to use Visual Basic applications as they would in a real world setting. Students with no previous programming experience learn how to plan and create their own interactive windows applications. GUI design skills and Object-Oriented Programming concepts are emphasized throughout the book.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.