- Table View
- List View
An unexpected turn of events gives Ellie Williams's coveted promotion at Wiley's Dream Homes to aggravating newcomer Coleman Preston. All Ellie hadwanted was to be a success at work that, and maybe a lifetime supply of chocolate. But of course her colleagues are only too happy to have an attractive new boss. Like she'd ever want a man like that! Yet to Ellie's surprise, the challenge of facing Cole brings new light to her eyes and some liveliness to her carefully ordered world. With changes in the air at work and new houses under construction, it looks like Cole'snext project could beEllie's heart.
His matchmaking brother is sending another single gal Brad Sharp's way. Under the guise of community service! The Make a Home project--building houses for the needy--is Brad's life. He fully expects hair stylist Callie Easton to show up for "work" with a pink hammer and not even use it. Hardly a match for him! With a heart of gold and a talent for transformation, Callie works hard. Still, Brad won't notice her. His grief over a tragic loss has hardened his heart. Well, Callie knows all about loss. And thanks to Brad, she knows even more about making a home--for them.
Once readers visit the charming village of Acorn Hill, they'll never want to leave. Three sisters -- Louise, a widow from Philadelphia; Alice, a nurse who lived with her father; and Jane, a chef from San Francisco -- reunite in the sleepy town after their father's death and turn the family home into a charming bed-and-breakfast. Here the sisters rekindle old memories, rediscover their childhood bonds, revel in the blessings of friendship, and meet fascinating guests along the way. When two very special dogs descend on Acorn Hill, Alice wonders, Could a dog be an answer to prayer? Alice's prayer is for Paula Middleton, a new resident who lives alone and suffers from seizures. After Paula is injured in a fall, Alice determines the town must do something for the young woman -- and a service dog may be just the thing. But will the church board approve the expense? In the meantime, who owns the mysterious black dog that's been watching over the citizens of Acorn Hill like a guardian angel?
Autumn is a beautiful, busy time at Grace Chapel Inn. One of Alice's patients reunites with a former sweetheart who happens to be a guest at the inn. Will they get a second chance at love? Occupied with a secret project and acting suspiciously, Jane keeps her sisters guessing. Louise, with the help of a special little girl, helps a worn-out teacher discover her true calling. Preparations for a harvest party make the season festive and remind the Howard sisters to rejoice in each moment together.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.