Ark of Love by Lauralee Bliss Brian Davis is indebted to his best friend Bob for helping him start his pet store business, and in gratitude, he takes on Bob's sister, Rachel, as an employee. Rachel's skills in the pet store leave much to be desired, and her many mistakes could cost Brian his reputation and his business. Can love turn the situation around before it's too late? Walk, Don't Run by Pamela Griffin Frenzied barking leads Jake to Kerry's rescue when she accidentally locks herself outside on her sister's balcony. After a dual case of mistaken identity is cleared up, the two call a truce, but it doesn't last long. Later, Kerry finds an injured dog and seeks a veterinarian-who turns out to be Jake. A dog brought them together; can another dog reunite them when all else has failed? U have to say I Dog Park by Dina Leonhardt Koehly When a Welsh corgi bites Mart's Great Dane in the leg, Matt demands the owner pay the vet's bill. Lynne refuses, claiming her sweet Bamboo wouldn't bite a flea, let alone a Great Dane. Her confidence in her dog's innocence falls apart when she meets the new youth pastor, who just happens to be the Great Dane's owner. Lynne doesn't know what to do. As time passes more questions plague her: Instead of wondering about Brutus, why is she thinking about his owner? The Neighbors Fence by Gail Sattler Fluffy doesn't particularly like Fido, and their owners don't differ much in their opinions of each other, either. Whenever Fluffy and Fido see each other, fur flies, likewise with Heather and Bill; yet something draws the two sides together and they can't stay apart. Then one day, Fluffy and Fido get lost, and Heather and Bill must unite to find them before it's too late. Usually, with cats and dogs, never the twain shall meet. Or shall they?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.