- Table View
- List View
For one semester/quarter courses on Introduction to the Humanities or Cultural Studies. Now in full color, Arts and Culture provides an introduction to global civilizations and their artistic achievements, history, and cultures. The authors consider two important questions: What makes a work a masterpiece of its type? And what qualities of a work enable it to be appreciated over time? Critical thinking is also highlighted throughout the text with 4 different box features that ask students to explore connections across the humanities and different cultures. These boxes are entitled Connections, Cross Currents, Then & Now, and Cultural Impact boxes. Open the new fourth edition of Arts and Culture and open a world of discovery.
Provides techniques on how to be successful in college.
Like its larger counterpart, the compact Literature: Approaches to Fiction, Poetry, and Drama by Robert DiYanni features student-centered approaches to literature--from experience to interpretation to evaluation--and an emphasis on making connections between texts and thinking critically about literature. Known for its clear presentation of the formal elements of literature and literary analysis, this compact anthology effectively balances classic, modern, and contemporary works across the three major genres, blending well-known writers with a diverse gathering of newer, international figures. This literary breadth is supplemented by extensive coverage of writing about literature, making this book an excellent text for introduction to literature courses as well as literature-based composition courses.
Now packaged with the free ARIEL CD-ROM, this anthology offers a lively introduction to the study of fiction, poetry, and drama, and is appropriate for introduction to literature courses as well as literature-based composition courses. Known for its clear presentation of the formal elements of literary analysis, DiYanni's Literature effectively balances classical, modern, and contemporary works across the three major genres, blending well-known writers with a diverse gathering of newer, international figures. This literary breadth is supplemented by extensive coverage of writing about literature, making DiYanni an excellent resource for literature instructors who want a full-featured anthology.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.