- Table View
- List View
What do you do when your dreams are shattered?Thor Magnusen is clueless. The first time he touched pigskin, he knew football was his life. He never expected a tackle to end his dream. Yet the answer comes when a special family heirloom takes him away from the comforts of 1985 back to the turbulent pre-Civil War days of 1860 and he discovers something more important than a Super Bowl ring.Willow Elkridge, a freedwoman of color, yearns to be on the frontlines in the growing battle against slavery. The Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 puts many in danger. Having lost her biological parents at the hands of slave patrollers, she hates the thought of any child suffering the same. So when her abolitionist surrogate parents forbid her from following her dream to be a conductor on the Underground Railroad, Willow has no choice but to take matters into her own hands. Then Thor, a man from the future, arrives?What do you do when two worlds collide and love catches you by surprise?Neither Thor nor Willow knows the answer, but it makes them wonder if love can last forever.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.