Get the in-depth guidance you need to take your Windows scripting skills to the next level. Enterprise-level Windows administrators who have experience with Windows scripting will learn advanced VBScript techniques. You will continue to build your skills by creating scripts to work with Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Operations Manager, and Microsoft Virtual Server. Coverage also includes the latest scripting updates for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. Each chapter highlights powerful, ready-to-run, enterprise-level scripts, and the companion CD-ROM includes sample scripts and utilities to help you put your advanced scripting skills to work right away.
Take ultimate control of system administration by learning advanced scripting techniques from two experts. Experienced Windows script-writers can move beyond the basics with hands-on instruction, advanced techniques, and best practices for using Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript) as an enterprise-level administrative tool. You also get ready-to-use scripts and an eBook on CD. Discover how to: Build your own scripting components and libraries Use digital signatures and certificates to create security-enhanced scripts Retrieve information from Active Directory with advanced ADSI techniques Manage your Windows environment with advanced Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) techniques Use scripts to back up, copy, restore, and set permissions for your Group Policy environment Write scripts to access databases with ADO Build hypertext applications for script graphical interfaces Develop scripts that work with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Operations Manager Exploit the scripting updates for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 CD features: More than 100 sample scripts to adapt for your own work Fully searchable eBook A Note Regarding the CD or DVD The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.