CORRELATED TO THE NATIONAL HEALTH EDUCATION STANDARDS, THIS IS THE PROGRAM YOU CAN TRUST! This well-respected program gives your students the skills they need to stand up to peer pressure, avoid risky behaviors, and develop the resilience they need to handle the changes they'll face during their school years...and throughout their lives.
This book teaches students how to handle everyday challenges in a positive way.
Glencoe Health is a research-based program that will give your students the skills they need to stand up to peer pressure, avoid risky behaviors, and develop the resilience they need to handle the changes they'll face during their school years and throughout their lives. Correlated to the national health education standards, this is the program you can trust!
This book contains all one needs to know about their health; what to eat, how to exercise, body systems etc.
Imagine that the story of your health were made into a video. The video would portray your health from the day you were born until today. What would be on it?
Everything you need to teach and motivate your students is here--in one comprehensive, skills-based health program. Glencoe Health combines print, audio, and technology resources in an integrated program of health education sure to engage and challenge every student. With its short lessons, interactive format, increased emphasis on skill-building, and exciting new visual approach, Glencoe Health is the health program that helps students find answers to today's perplexing health issues.
Everything teachers would like to teach their students about health is in this book.
BUILD THE SKILLS THAT LEAD TO A HEALTHY LIFE! Everything you need to teach and motivate your students is here--in one comprehensive, skills-based health program. With this edition, Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, the leading publisher of health education materials and CNN/Turner Broadcasting, the world's news leader have teamed up to create this dynamic feature and video as a new way to look at and study health issues. ·CNN Health News articles expand on chapter topics to help students better understand their own health and the health of those around them. ·CNN Health News Videos introduce students to professionals in the scientific community who provide their expertise and offer new information on important topics. Young people will share their viewpoints about relevant health news today. Glencoe Health combines print, audio, and technology resources in an integrated program of health education that is certain to engage and challenge every student. With its short lessons, interactive format, increased emphasis on skill building, and exciting new visual approach, Glencoe Health is the health curriculum that helps students find answers to today's perplexing health issues. Help your students assess their health and improve their health skills. Glencoe Health covers the entire spectrum of high school health issues--from personal health to injury prevention; from community health to nutrition and fitness; and from alcohol, tobacco, and drugs to personal development and family living--in a high-interest, interactive style your students will respond to and enjoy. Student Modules . Abstinence . HIV/AIDS and Society . Education in Sexuality . The Reality of Drugs and more.
This book provides health education to students on topics covering: A Healthy Foundation, Physical Activity and Nutrition, Mental and Emotional Health, Promoting Safe and Healthy Relationships, Personal Care and Body Systems, Growth and Development, Tobacco, Alcohol, and Other Drugs, Diseases and Disorders, Injury Prevention and Environmental Health, etc.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.