Why are most joke books so terrible? Why do they always resort to the same tired stereotypes, awful puns, and contrived situations? Answer: Because good jokes-really good jokes-are as rare as precious gems. Writer and humorist Don Steinberg was not interested in compiling a thousand gags into a giant paperback, because he knew most of the content would be dreck. Instead, he set out to compile the very best of the best, the cream of the crop, theJokes Every Man Should Know. Here are jokes for business trips, blind dates, and family get-togethers. Here are eight jokes that will make kids laugh and nineteen jokes that are not at all suitable for children. Here are two jokes about gorillas, three jokes about doctors, one joke involving an alligator and oral sex, eight jokes about heaven, and the world's only funny knock-knock joke. Packaged in a sleek hardcover format,Jokes Every Man Should Knowhas the perfect punch line for every occasion.
A business book for 21st-century entrepreneurs, THE KICKSTARTER HANDBOOK will be the first book to market on a phenomenally popular website--and a new way of financing your wildest dreams.
So you want to produce a short film. Or design a new line of jewelry. Or manufacture a revolutionary solar-powered garden sprinkler. There's just one catch: You need $100,000 to bankroll your dream, and your checking account has barely enough to cover the rent. Enter Kickstarter.com--the phenomenal "crowdfunding" website launched in 2009 that brings venture capital to the masses. At Kickstarter, it's not uncommon for entrepreneurs to raise $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, or more. All you need is a great idea--and The Kickstarter Handbook. Business journliast Don Steinberg has interviewed dozens of artists and inventors who launched their passion projects online. Through their voices, you'll explore all the strategies of a successful Kickstarter campaign. You'll learn the elements of a compelling Kickstarter video, innovative ways to market your projects, tips for getting donors onboard, and the secrets of irresistible Kickstarter "rewards." You'll also discover what to do in a best-case scenario--when your project goes viral and the cash starts flowing in. On Kickstarter, it happens to a few lucky visionaries every week. Here's how to be one of them.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.