- Table View
- List View
From renowned time management consultant Donald Wetmore comesThe Productivity Handbook, a guide for the overworked and overwhelmed. The Productivity Handbookreveals how true productivity doesn't mean doing more thingsfaster. It means being moreeffective-and this requires better ways of prioritizing your time, communicating with others, and absorbing information. In this concise and entertaining book, Wetmore offers powerful tips and techniques in these three areas: Time-includes making short- and long-term plans, managing multiple priorities, and overcoming procrastination Information-includes shrinking your inbox, writing effective notes, and improving your memory Communication-includes networking, public speaking, and having efficient meetings Dr. Donald J. Wetmoreis the founder of the Personal Productivity Institute, an organization that teaches productivity tools and techniques to participants at major corporations including J. P. Morgan Chase, General Electric, and Duracell. A member of the National Speakers Association, Wetmore is frequently featured in theNew York Times,theBoston Globeand on PBS. He is also an attorney and an adjunct professor in the MBA program at Mercy College, New York.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.