- Table View
- List View
The Third Edition of this comprehensive and applied resource for teachers of the very young details and celebrates the many nuances of infant and toddler development from pre-birth through age 36 months old. The authors clearly explain theory, include current research, and explain appropriate practice throughout the chapters on development, curriculum, program planning, guidance, and professionalism. Using a relationship-based model for understanding how infants and toddlers grow and learn in typical and atypical ways, this book maintains a keen focus on the importance of families' and teachers' relationships and responsiveness in interactions with children, the latest developmental research, an emphasis on child-centered planning, a particularly strong coverage of infants and toddlers with special needs, and a focus on the effects of culture, families, and quality programs on infant-toddler development and interactions. Readers will come away with a deeper understanding of why, according to the science of child development, certain practices support or hinder an infant's or toddler's optimal development-and how to provide responsive, high-quality care.
A thorough updating of topics including: standards for early childhood programs, the mandates of IDEA, developmental theories, changing demographics, assessments, child care practices and bullying . For child development courses that cover prebirth through age eight, this widely used text discusses major development theories as they relate to physical, social and emotional, and cognitive domains. The book contains extensive applications for those who teach and work with young children, making it particularly appropriate for early childhood education programs.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.