- Table View
- List View
Most visual, easiest to use With its powerful visual design and comprehensive scope, the DK Guide to Public Speaking, 2/e, is an easy-to-navigate resource that will equip students with the tools to be effective public speakers. Based on extensive research and usability studies, this full-color, tabbed, spiral-bound guidebook gives students the practical information they seek, supported with the concepts and theories instructors want. MyCommunicationLab is an integral part of the Ford-Brown program that will help enhance students' presentation skills. With MediaShare, students can post and share videos of their speeches for peer commenting and instructor commenting and grading. Also, interactive videos provide students with the opportunity to evaluate speeches. Online self-assessments and pre- and post-tests help students assess their comfort level with public speaking and their knowledge of the material. Note: MyCommunicationLab does come automatically packaged with this text.
Everything You Need to Know about Reptiles and Amphibians looks at the lives and times of the amazing world of our cold-blooded friends from all angles. A fascinating read packed with information on habitats, breeding habits, as well as oddities, shocking facts and anatomy, this information is presented through close ups, quizzes, games, engaging text and innovative, high quality design, making it perfect for in depth research or a quick dip for fast facts.
Textbook of early and classical history
To the complete novice, learning about philosophy can be a cause for dread. "The Philosophy Book" uses innovative graphics and creative typography to help demystify hard-to-grasp concepts for those new to philosophy, cutting through the haze of misunderstanding, untangling knotty theories, and shedding light on abstract concepts. Aimed at anyone with a general interest in how our social, political, and ethical ideas are formed, as well as students of philosophy and politics, "The Philosophy Book" breathes new life to a subject that is often regarded as esoteric and academic.
Star Wars: Tatooine Adventures introduces young readers to the hostile desert planet of Tatooine. With simple sentences and a picture glossary, children will learn how Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Jawas, Sand People, and Jabba the Hutt survive on their planet of Tattoine.
In this exciting Level 1 reader, young fans will delve into the world of the Star Wars galaxy, learning about the people, droids, and creatures -- including Luke Skywalker and R2-D2 -- who have kept it safe from the clutches of evil.
With padded covers, simple images, and an amazing range of novelty textures, Baby Touch and Feel books immediately capture the attention of the very youngest children to create an experience they'll want to repeat over and over again.
Happy hands clap with delight for these books! Two new additions to the hugely popular Touch and Feel series, these titles feature two favorite animals -- kittens and puppies. Tactile patches allow kids to feel and explore; with these titles they will love to touch the kitten's rough tongue and stroke the puppy's soft fur.
Tactile patches allow kids to feel and explore as they stroke the puppy's soft fur. Picture descriptions added to pages with no text. 12 pages
Learn about the geography, history and cultures of United States and Canada.
Learn more about geography and world history in this engaging textbook.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.