- Table View
- List View
Having a friend in the quantum physics field makes Anya Littlefeather slightly more receptive to Cody Bell's claim that his horse tossed him from 1898 into her backyard of 2013. He certainly seems to be a handsome, honest-to-God - albeit prejudiced - cowboy who is utterly surprised by the established neighborhood where he claims his family farm just stood. He's a drifter, and Anya has too many abandonment issues with men to even consider dating someone who already breaks two of her four relationship requirements. Relieved of relationship pressure, Anya feels free to help Cody as one human to another.Cody had been racing home with medicine to save his niece's life when his horse tossed him into this magic place. This Indian squaw confuses him, for she doesn't act or dress the way his grandfather spoke of them during the Indian/Settler Wars - she's courteous, helpful, and respects him as a man. Her offer to help get him home seems genuine, and he fears every day spent in this amazing land jeopardizes the life of his young niece.As the time draws near for the next portal to open, Cody must decide whether to save the life of the last of his family, or stay and start a new one. Anya has to either add one more abandonment issue to her list, or ask Cody to let his niece perish and stay with her forever. Can true love really be timeless?Sensuality Level: Sensual
Peace Officer Raylie McPherson's mission in life is to protect animals from abuse, and if that means throwing the abusers in jail, so be it. So when the report of two downed horses comes in - from renowned Starstruck Stables, nonetheless - Raylie assumes she can make a quick headline arrest. Despite having to face her horror from the last time she rode, making her relive her fiancé's death every time she sets foot in a stable, she is determined to do her job. Her coworker swears the owner is innocent, but Raylie's experience tells her he simply can't be. But the suspect is anguished, grieving, and too rich to need the insurance money.Ashton Lyre is devastated over the loss of his two favorite horses--a money maker and a brat. So he's surprised that the pretty Peace Officer accuses him of the foul deed--for money, no less. She fears his horses, which intrigues him, for she's obviously ridden before. However, he knows he must be cautious, for he just discovered his very empire was built on shaky ground. Should the pretty cop learn of his fraudulent start, he fears everything he owns could be forfeited, and every case that dips into his past dredges up his fears.Sensuality Level: Sensual
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.