- Table View
- List View
Nutrition, Food, and Fitness is the perfect choice for non-laboratory nutrition classes. This text stresses the importance of healthful eating and regular physical activity as permanent lifestyle habits rather than short-term programs. Students will learn they have much control over their state of wellness through the decisions they make. They will also study the significance of caring for their mental and social health as part of the total wellness picture. The text is up-to-date with the latest information on the Dietary Guidelines and MyPyramid. It covers weight management, eating disorders, and global hunger as well as physical fitness, substance abuse, consumer issues, and careers.
A high school level text addressing the crucial role nutrition and physical activity play in overall health. Topics covered include weight management, eating disorders, food safety, global hunger, physical fitness, stress management, substance abuse, consumer issues, trends, and careers. Abundant teenager-friendly color photos of good-looking, hip people supplement the text.
Explores strategies for staying physically active through the life span,considerations when selecting various nutrition and wellness products and services and the special needs of the competitive athlete.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.