- Table View
- List View
'Any man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad.' Chicken Soup for the Father and Son Soul takes a peek into the lives of fathers and sons, sharing the important male milestones from birth through childhood, adolescence, young adulthood, the senior years, and every step in between. This is a celebration of how fathers and sons carry each other along life's journey. Share the story of one man who didn't think much of becoming a father until the day he laid eyes on his son, and how in a matter of moments his perspective on life and being a dad had profoundly changed forever, and the touching story of a young boy who finds the father he always longed for in a special stepdad, as well as the story of the love and respect between a father-in-law and son-in-law that appears when least expected. Readers will be inspired by the stories of sons looking up to their fathers and learning by example, and fathers recollecting their own childhoods and relationships with their own dads. These insightful stories show men and boys working through the ups and downs of life, learning as they go and becoming better because of their relationship with each other. These powerful and poignant stories are written from every point of view: fathers, sons, grandfathers, mothers, and wives, everyone who has been deeply touched by the father and son relationship.
There is a special bond between a mother and her daughter that human relationships, is unparalleled. These stories are of love and courage, loss and reunion, sacrifice and redemption and everyday caring that make up life.
Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrating Mothers and Daughters: A Celebration of Our Most Important Bondby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Dorothy Firman Julie Firman Frances Firman Salorio
For mothers and daughters about the complexities, cherished moments and greatest lessons they've learned from one another, this companion to the bestselling "Chicken Soup for the Mother and Daughter Soul" delves into this intricate and unique bond.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.