- Table View
- List View
Based on the popular S. H. A. P. E. book for adults, this teen version walks through the same process of discovery with students. Written by the bestselling author and pastor at Saddleback Church, Doug Fields, this book will help teenagers understand who they are, how they can serve, and why they serve.
If you had the chance to change your life for the better, would you? All it takes is a decision. Trapped by harmful habits, behaviors, and attitudes, we struggle to become the person God has created and called us to be. Saddleback Church teaching pastor Doug Fields says it's never too late to get a fresh start. With personal stories and youthful writing, Doug challenges readers to recognize that they may say they want God in their lives, but they really don't want to change. They are stuck. He says, "It's not about trying harder, it's about plugging into God's transforming power and submitting your entire life to Christ. Age doesn't matter; fresh starts are for everyone." Topics include: Dealing with pride Defining success Living with guilt Struggling with conflicts Finding true friendships Overcoming discouragement Facing rejection Attacking anger
If you've always struggled with the stereotypical quiet-time, don't give up hope! As a Christian, you know you need to have devotions. You've heard it from your pastor; you've seen the study guides; you may have even made a dent in the One Year Bible. Some of you have valiantly set your alarm clocks back an hour for morning quiet time, only to find that life creeps back in to steal your resolve. It isn't because you don't love God. You quit because you "bought into" someone's unsustainable habit at an unreasonable pace. But you don't have to keep running on empty. Bestselling author Doug Fields offers an uncomplicated, practical plan that you can carry out. This book won't teach you how to "cram God" into your already-full schedule. Instead, Doug will show you a practical, doable way of setting God first, and then letting everything else in your life fall into place. You will experience the fullness God has for you-just take some time to refuel.
¡Un libro que les habla a los hombres de la forma en que los hombres hablan!En este libro lleno de humor, sincero y altamente eficaz, el autor Doug Fields ayuda a los hombres a navegar en las aguas siempre cambiantes de un matrimonio significativo.Después de dirigir incontables retiros y conferencias para hombres, tanto a través de su propio ministerio, como en su calidad de pastor maestro durante más de quince años en la Iglesia Saddleback, que pastorea Rick Warren, Doug Fields llegó a dos conclusiones claras: la forma en que hablan los hombres y las cosas de las que hablan NO se hallan representadas en la actualidad en los libros que hablan de las relaciones cristianas, y los matrimonios tienen problemas porque los hombres no están comprendiendo los sencillos pasos que necesitan dar para invertir en esa relación. Este libro te ayudará a cambiar todo eso.El amor es algo que se elige. Y para mantener lleno de amor a cualquier matrimonio, los hombres necesitan un PLAN. Así que, amigos, aquí está: siete acciones muy factibles que mejorarán su matrimonio. Garantizado.Seven Ways to Be Her HeroDoug Fields helps men navigate the ever-changing waters of a meaningful marriage.Love is a choice. And to keep any marriage filled with love, men need a PLAN. So, guys, here it is, seven very doable actions that will improve your marriage, guaranteed.
Since forever altering the course of the youth ministry world with his best-selling, groundbreaking book, Purpose-Driven Youth Ministry, Doug Fields' mind--but especially his heart--has been focused on the many unique needs of new youth workers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.