- Table View
- List View
Featuring lucid and conversational prose and a well-chosen, reader-friendly array of succinct excerpts from canonical primary sources, ARCHETYPES OF WISDOM: AN INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY, 7E brings philosophy to life for readers. Extremely reader friendly, this test examines philosophies and philosophers while using numerous pedagogical illustrations, special features, and an approachable page design to make this oftentimes daunting subject more engaging. The Seventh Edition represents a careful revision, focused on enhancing the book's reader-praised "search for wisdom" motif. This edition is supported by an unmatched array of teaching and learning resources including an online resource center with dynamic, easy-to-use lecture and class preparation tools.
The Fifth Edition of PRACTICAL LOGIC continues its tradition as a breakthrough introductory text by de-emphasizing symbolic logic and scientific method, instead presenting the practical aspects of logic and critical thinking. The text does not mistake technical apparatus (charts, decision trees, and models) for clarity, and consequently does not burden students with confusing and unnecessary barriers to critical assessment of arguments and claims. PRACTICAL LOGIC combines clear writing and a wealth of everyday examples to make logic accessible and relevant to the beginning student. Logic and critical thinking are even easier to understand in this streamlined new edition. With its clear language and interesting, realistic examples, students learn to recognize clear arguments and to employ critical thinking in all areas of study. Full treatment of knowledge claims (epistemology) addresses issues of expertise, authority, and relativity. Over 1200 exercises include open-ended discussion questions as well as standard exercises that help students review and assimilate concepts.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.