- Table View
- List View
Featuring lucid and conversational prose and a well-chosen, reader-friendly array of succinct excerpts from canonical primary sources, ARCHETYPES OF WISDOM: AN INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY, 7E brings philosophy to life for readers. Extremely reader friendly, this test examines philosophies and philosophers while using numerous pedagogical illustrations, special features, and an approachable page design to make this oftentimes daunting subject more engaging. The Seventh Edition represents a careful revision, focused on enhancing the book's reader-praised "search for wisdom" motif. This edition is supported by an unmatched array of teaching and learning resources including an online resource center with dynamic, easy-to-use lecture and class preparation tools.
The Fifth Edition of PRACTICAL LOGIC continues its tradition as a breakthrough introductory text by de-emphasizing symbolic logic and scientific method, instead presenting the practical aspects of logic and critical thinking. The text does not mistake technical apparatus (charts, decision trees, and models) for clarity, and consequently does not burden students with confusing and unnecessary barriers to critical assessment of arguments and claims. PRACTICAL LOGIC combines clear writing and a wealth of everyday examples to make logic accessible and relevant to the beginning student. Logic and critical thinking are even easier to understand in this streamlined new edition. With its clear language and interesting, realistic examples, students learn to recognize clear arguments and to employ critical thinking in all areas of study. Full treatment of knowledge claims (epistemology) addresses issues of expertise, authority, and relativity. Over 1200 exercises include open-ended discussion questions as well as standard exercises that help students review and assimilate concepts.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.