- Table View
- List View
Our bodies are a mystery to us. We may see our arms and legs move, but we have no idea how the muscles beneath look as they contract. We know that our stomachs digest food and our hearts pump blood throughout our bodies, but the images we have in our heads of these organs are often inaccurate or incomplete. Even seeing pictures of our internal systems and organs can be misleading if these pictures don't offer a full, 360-degree view.Anatomy 360 shows the human body in its entirety-from the skin to the muscles to the organs to the bones. This stunning book provides a unique perspective on our most crucial parts, showing how the structures of our bodies influence their functions. You'll learn about the vagus nerve, which allows us to swallow, speak and cough, and the frontalis muscle, which raises our eyebrows when we're surprised. You'll also learn why our noses run when we cry and why our brains are so important even though they weigh just one kilogram each.With Anatomy 360, you'll finally get a complete look at the human body-even the parts you thought you'd never see!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.