- Table View
- List View
THE CHINESE REFER TO A WOMAN'S MIDLIFE transition as her Second Spring. Thanks to the simple, natural techniques of traditional Chinese medicine, the second half of a woman's life is a flowering of feminine potential rather than a physical and mental decline. Now, Dr. Mao's revolutionary Second SpringTM program gives you time-tested, completely natural treatments to enhance energy, sexuality, and health -- and initiate your own new season of vitality starting at age thirty-five, through premenopause, menopause, and beyond. Dr. Mao -- Yahoo!'s favorite natural health expert and author of the bestselling Secrets of Longevity -- offers proven natural solutions such as a surgery-free face-lift, Chinese herbs that fight memory loss, traditional remedies that improve libido and sex, and foods that keep your specific body type in peak form (they're not the same for everyone!). His safe, natural practices, outlined in more than 200 tips, can eliminate the need for expensive medicines and artificial hormones. This amazing compendium of traditional wisdom is also enjoyable to read. With chapters on topics like weight, energy, brain power, beauty, and sexual health, Second Spring allows you to target your concerns right away. At the end you'll find handy, at-a-glance lists addressing women's most common ailments. Second Spring, inspired by Dr. Mao's own mother's remarkable transformation in the second half of her life, offers an integrated lifestyle program that will help you live long, live strong, and live happy in ways that you never thought possible.
Now fans of Secrets of Longevity can incorporate Dr. Mao's sage health advice into their lives in 8 short weeks. The trick is adopting small habit-forming actions that stick. Walking for 20 minutes a day, drinking a detox tea, stretching before bed, all of which add up to make a big difference in the long run. Dr. Mao expertly condenses the wisdom gleaned from his family's thirty-eight generations of practicing Chinese medicine into actions that are easy to follow and satisfying to do. Anyone looking to improve and extend their lives will appreciate this book's insightful quizzes, satisfying checklists, and delicious recipes--all designed to unlock the secrets to a longer, healthier, and happier life.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.