- Table View
- List View
Funny, light-hearted monster stories that are perfect for young readers, brought to us by the esteemed Dr. Roach. Judd Crank and his friend Zak are two ordinary boys, in an ordinary town, with some very ordinary goldfish. Judd never thought much about his pet fish, besides sometimes needing to feed them. But when a science experiment accidentally gets mixed in with their food, these regular pets start becoming a lot more interesting. With a series of bubbles and pops, the slimy fish start growing and changing. Then they step right out of their tank -- and begin marching towards town.
Funny, light-hearted monster stories that are perfect for young readers, brought to us by the esteemed Dr. Roach. Billy's new pet hamster is a huge disappointment. Despite his name, Hercules is perhaps the world's laziest rodent. He does nothing besides sleep, eat, and sleep some more. So when Billy sees an advertisement on television for a power snack, he decides that's just the thing to put some hurry into Hercules. But when the formula begins working too well, Billy realizes he may have one massive, hungry problem on his hands.
Funny, lighthearted monster stories that are perfect for young readers, brought to us by the esteemed Dr. Roach. Twins Sammy and Tammy love the quiet Boggy Marshes near their home. They're full of strange creatures and creepy plants. But a local business tycoon named Maximus Sneer has a plan to drain the marshes dry and cover them with houses, stores, and parking lots. When the twins hear about it, they quickly get to work protesting Sneer's scheme. But little does anyone know that two very big problems are growing in the marshes. All the pumping and draining awakens a pair of giant monsters who are both out for one thing. Revenge!
Funny, light-hearted monster stories that are perfect for young readers, brought to us by the esteemed Dr. Roach. Jilly can't believe what she's seeing when she wakes up one seemingly normal morning. All the mice in her small town of Buffalo Bottom have gone strangely still. What could make a town full of rodents suddenly freeze up? Things only get weirder, though, when the town is suddenly visited by a flying saucer--full of talking cats! These friendly felines say they come in peace, to help rid Buffalo Bottom of its mouse problem. But when the town's cows start disappearing mysteriously, Jilly suspects the visitors may be up to no good. Now she just has to prove it.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.