- Table View
- List View
The moment Prince Edoran hears these words from Weasel's trusted friend Justice Holis, Edoran knows he has to fi nd a way to rescue Weasel, who has been kidnapped in Edoran's place. Edoran's task is far from easy. Life-threatening challenges greet him at every step as he searches for Weasel, forced to hide his true identity from all he meets along the way. The journey is full of surprises and revelations, as Edoran learns for the fi rst time the real meaning of hard labor and the cost of a meal. The story builds to a stunning climax, where the true nature of the magical objects of Deorthas is at last revealed. Fans of acclaimed fantasy author Hilari Bell will not be disappointed with this action-packed conclusion to the mesmerizing Shield, Sword, and Crown trilogy.
Choose your fate--and multiple endings--as you quest for medieval gold in this custom-made adventure.One of the most popular book formats of the 1980s and 1990s is back and better than ever in the form of U-Ventures, updated versions of the classic Choose Your Own AdventureTM tales that put readers in the driver's seat. Also available from the iTunes Store in app form, these exciting explorations provide a firsthand sense of involvement where action is always just a page-turn away. In The Forbidden Castle, The Cave of Time has brought you back to medieval England. Can you solve the riddle of the Forbidden Castle? Riches await, but the king wants the fortune for himself--and his army is right behind you. Will you be able to get away? Or should you stay for the gold? In the U-Ventures series, you decide how the story ends. And the more choices you make, the more endings there can be!
Fast-paced and action-packed retellings of the most important Greek and Roman myths.Ancient myths continue to have modern relevance--for thousands of years they have been the basis for plays, operas, paintings, and movies. And in these retellings from acclaimed writer and scholar Philip Freeman, classic tales from Greek and Roman mythology find new life and inspire aspiring writers, artists, and musicians. Adapted from the lengthier Oh My Gods and specially tailored to a younger audience, these irresistible stories of philandering gods, flawed heroes, and tragic lovers portray the fundamental aspects of humanity and are filled with entertaining drama and valuable insights.
"I'D LIKE YOU TO FIND THE SWORD FOR ME. DO YOU THINK YOU COULD HANDLE THAT?" Arisa isn't certain how to respond when her mother, the Falcon, formerly a dangerous bandit but now lord commander of the army and navy of Deorthas, entrusts her with this extremely special mission. Everything changed for Arisa when she and her friend Weasel stumbled upon the ancient shield rumored to bestow power upon whoever holds it. With the shield, the Falcon was able to gain her new station, bringing Arisa into a world of royalty Arisa isn't even sure she enjoys. Now the Falcon wants Arisa to get close to young Prince Edoran, and join with Edoran and Weasel to search for the legendary sword that matches the shield. As Arisa's search progresses, however, she realizes she may be in danger from a deadly stranger. Worse -- she and her friends may be in even graver danger from someone they know all too well! Critically acclaimed fantasy author Hilari Bell continues the captivating trilogy begun in Shield of Stars with another thrilling, surprising, and wholly satisfying novel.
Turn the pages of this sci-fi adventure and decide your fate! One of the most popular book formats of the 1980s and 1990s is back and better than ever in the form of U-ventures, updated versions of the classic Choose Your Own Adventure tales that put readers in the driver's seat. Also available from the iTunes Store in app form, these exciting explorations provide a firsthand sense of involvement where action is always just a page-turn away.In Through the Black Hole, you're in command of the most advanced spaceship in the galaxy on the wildest mission in history--trying to make it through a black hole. Why? Because beyond the black hole may lie a whole new universe. Some scientists say it can't be done. They say you'll be compressed into nothingness by tremendous gravity. They say that there are no other universes where humans could survive. They may be right. But what if they're wrong?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.