- Table View
- List View
The incredible story of struggle, redemption, and bounty hunting--which has catapulted Duane "Dog" Chapman into the hearts of millions, sparked a #1 rated television show, and inspired a #1 New York Times bestselling book--continues in Where Mercy Is Shown, Mercy Is Given."Who is going to give them the ride, Duane? Who will give them the cigarette and who will give them 'the talk'?"When the preacher posed those questions to me, I realized he was right. If not me, then who? Whether I had planned it or not, I was leading a backseat ministry, one ride at a time.--from Where Mercy Is Shown, Mercy Is GivenConsidered by many to be the world's greatest bounty hunter, Duane "Dog" Chapman has become famous for capturing fugitives on Dog the Bounty Hunter, his #1 rated show on A&E.But his job doesn't end when he cuffs his man--or woman.Having personally struggled against abuse, addition, and a life of crime, Dog knows a thing or two about the path that these fugitives cuffed in the back of his car are on--and he has a good idea of the bad news they'll find at the end of it. As someone who has succeeded in beating the odds and finding a way to live on the right side of the law, Dog also knows what the person in the backseat needs to hear in order to straighten out his or her life."This is your wake up call. You either answer it now, or pay for it later and for the rest of your life. You're being given another shot at things, but only if you take the risk to make the right decision. The choice is yours. What's it going to be, brotha?"While he is himself a mentor to many, Dog draws strength from the great teachers in his own life to face the surprising and difficult challenges that have come his way. Through hard work, unflinching faith, and the acknowledgment of his own flaws--along with the overwhelming desire to fix those flaws--Dog has been through the fire again and again, and come out the stronger for it.Revealing, behind-the-scenes looks at Dog's most significant challenges, along with seat-of-your-pants accounts of his most breakneck bounty hunting stories, makes Where Mercy Is Shown, Mercy Is Given a must-read for any fan.
Autobiography of bounty hunter "Dog" Chapman, how he turned his life around after serving time for murder and abusing drugs, to a life devoted to justice and religion.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.