- Table View
- List View
Turn up the heat with five sensual novellas that take the readers on a wild ride of stimulation. Led and edited by the New York Times bestselling author Zane, Another Time, Another Place transports sensuous and steamy encounters across the world and through history. From when the pharaohs ruled, to the forbidden romances in the time of the Vietnam War, to a future where technology has reshaped the meaning and making of love, this anthology showcases the popular talents of contributors such as Rique Johnson, Dywane D. Birch, and more. Readers explore the many cultures and traditions that have shaped the concept of romance. These five novellas takes readers to places they've only imagined before, fleshing out the sizzling detail and proving a satisfying read in the tradition of such runaway favorite anthologies as Chocolate Flava and Blackgentlemen.com. With its lush settings and a taste for the unknown, Another Time, Another Place is a treat for the adventurous soul. This delicious collection, featuring five of the hottest African-American authors today, brings whole new worlds to life.
An extraordinary novel about one woman's courageous journey to discover her voice, strength, and dignity after drowning in an abusive marriage.After suffering years of emotional and physical abuse, Syreeta embarks on a search for the identity beyond wife and mother. Now divorced, she struggles to find out who she is and what she is capable of. With the help of her psychologist, Syreeta begins to expose the many scars that layer her soul--healing the guilt, hurt, and shame that have alienated her from friends and family for far too long. Syreeta discovers the many options life still offers, and must learn to heal herself, forgive those who beat her down, and move on to a fresh start in life. Beneath the Bruises is a riveting and empowering take of rediscovering one's dignity and exposes the devastating cycle of domestic abuse with a better understanding of its victims.ing of its victims.
A much-anticipated sequel that is a steamy, page-turning story of friendship, drama, and love tossed about in the storms of life. Readers are brought back into the lives of friends and lovers Indera, Britton, Damascus, and Chyna, all who continue to struggle with their desires and demons in life. As their lives intertwine with others, delicious and dirty secrets start to overflow, threatening the orderly world they've worked to create for themselves. Indera is learning that some matters of the heart are beyond her control, and that, rather than clinging to revenge, her path to freedom is found in forgiveness. Damascus believes he's found his soulmate in Indera, but wonders if her crazy antics will send him running. Britton is recovering from yet another failed relationship and learns the disturbing truth about the mother of his twin boys. And Chyna and Sarina, mother and daughter, come to odds as Chyna must separate from her daughter or risk losing herself to Sarina's increasingly unstable world of paranoia. Lastly is Celeste, a woman with a mysterious past who tries to manipulate events among the many friends, only to get entangled in her own trap. With volatile emotion brewing in everyone's hearts and explosive decisions being forced in every moment, From My Soul to Yours is an engrossing tale of the shelters people seek during troubled times -- sure to delight, entertain, and enlighten Dywane D. Birch's fans.
A thought-provoking, emotionally charged novel that explores the lingering effects of childhood turmoil on four thirty-something friends. Since meeting in college, Britton, Indera, Damascus, and Chyna have each gone on to success and acclaim. But beneath the surface, all four are struggling with demons, striving to mask the deep emotional wounds they sustained long ago. Through riveting first-person narratives, Dywane D. Birch reveals the secret that keeps each character tied to the past, unwilling or unable to commit to a loving relationship. As repressed childhood memories creep back into their lives to haunt and control them, and carefully constructed veneers begin to crack, the bonds of their friendship are tested as never before. In candid, raw prose, Birch explores the potentially devastating consequences of childhood abuse and mistreatment, but also pays tribute to human courage and perseverance in a heartfelt, unforgettably powerful novel that heralds a remarkable talent.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.