- Table View
- List View
The Christmas Table serves up comfort and joy with helpful hints and recipes to plan an unforgettable holiday feast. Award-winning author Diane Morgan fills the book with festive recipes and decorating ideas that are sure to become favorites. On Christmas morning, opening presents will be even sweeter with a breakfast of Cinnamon-Scented Bread Custard, and delightful recipes like Juniper Brined Roast Turkey and Whipped Yams topped with a Crunchy Praline Crust will be instant yuletide classics. This comprehensive holiday guide also includes recipes for Christmas cookies, candied nuts, and other giftable goodies. With simple, beautiful crafts and delicious, easy-to-follow recipes, The Christmas Table ensures a very merry Christmas for everyone.
Whoever said grills are reserved for weekend barbecues has never met Diane Morgan. In her newest grilling cookbook, she presents a compelling argument that grills should be used every night, complete with 125 recipes and the promise of less dishwashing. For novice grillers, she's incorporated chapters on types of grills, cleaning and safety tips, and lists of helpful tools. Mouthwatering recipes include meat and veggie entrees, side dishes, and even flame-broiled desserts like Bananas Slicked with Rum and Molasses. If that's not enough, she's even added The Grill Planner, a chapter devoted to ensuringthat Tuesday's leftover ingredients from Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers with Garlic and Cilantro Drizzle will become Wednesday's Pineapple, Shrimp, and Anaheim Chile Salad.
Diane Morgan is hooked on salmon and it shows. From the deck of a commercial fishing boat in Alaska to the fish farms in Scotland, she has traveled the world on a quest to find out everything there is to know about the world's favorite fresh fish. Learn the difference between wild and farmed salmon, discern among the varieties of species, whether Atlantic, Chinook, Coho, or Sockeye, and discover the heart-healthy benefits of including salmon in the diet. The real catch are the recipes. Salmon Hash, Thai Coconut Soup, Salmon Tacos, and a dramatic yet simple whole roasted version show the incredible versatility of salmonit's perfect morning, noon, and night. It pairs well with an international array of flavors and can be poached, smoked, baked, or grilled. With tips for storing, preparing, filleting, cutting steaks, taking out pin bones, plus gorgeous scenic photographs of famed fishing areas, Salmon is sure to make a big splash in the kitchen.
Not just fancy fruit drinks anymore, smoothies have evolved. The 50 recipes in this deck combine all kinds of nutritious ingredients to create smoothies that are as healthy as they are delicious. Youll find something for everyone: smoothies to soothe a teething baby, fuel a workout, tame a hangover, ward off a cold, and even enhance your love life! Grab this deck, pick a card, and blend away to your hearts content.
Are you curious about wine, but can't tell the difference between a Pinot Noir and a Sangiovese? A Chenin Blanc and a Chardonnay? This book describes over 40 wine varietals, including information on:- Taste- Origin- Reputation- Food pairings- Key wine terms- Chilling and storing- Cooking with wine- Entertaining with wine
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.