- Table View
- List View
Language Essentials provides an integrated and meaningful view to grammar and writing.
Inside this book one will find great literature, both classic and contemporary, by a wide variety of authors. It also contains useful step-by-step study strategies for each selection, helpful background information, and activities that allow one to relate the literature to their own experiences and share their point of view.
When you open your EMC Masterpiece Series textbook, you will find great literature, both classic and contemporary, by a wide variety of authors. You will also find useful step-by-step study strategies for each selection, helpful background information, and activities that allow you to relate the literature to your own experiences and share your point of view.
The contents of this text are Part One--Genres in Literature: The Folk Tradition, Poetry, Fiction, Drama, Nonfiction, Informational and Visual Media; Part Two--Themes in Literature: The Search for Self, What is Talent?, Relationships, Courage and Perseverance, Journeys and Visions of the Future; Part Three--Language Arts Survey: Reading Resource, Writing Resource, Language, Grammar, and Style Resource, Speaking and Listening Resource, Study and Research Resource, and Applied English Resource, etc.
This book expounds on the importance of applied English-- How to write different types of letters, proposals, memos, business letters, projects, etc.
This textbook contains great literature; both classic and contemporary, by a wide variety of authors, step-by-step study strategies for each selection, helpful background information, and activities that allow one to relate the literature to their own experiences and share their point of view.
This contains sections on the short story, plays, poetry, and the novel, as well as sections on film, writing a research paper and other types of literature-based composition. The book is full of exercises and contains numerous student sample essays.
The Guided Reading program in this EMC Masterpiece Series book gives you tips before, during, and after you read each selection. Read on for a description of the features you will find in your textbook.
EMC Write in Reader helps the readers to interact with reading selections as it guides them through the reading strategies,-- reading tools that aid you to get the most out of your reading materials
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.