For executives and managers, Earnest, who worked for the CIA during the Cold War, and Karinch, a communications consultant and writer on business and other topics, detail business practices from the CIA's National Clandestine Service that can be applied to any organization. They discuss employee selection and retention, the intelligence cycle, creative and agile problem solving, mission-focused outcomes, and damage assessment and recovery, along with case studies from the CIA and businesses. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
What's a black-bag job, a dead-letter drop, a honey trap? Who invented the microdot, and why do they call Green Berets "snake-eaters"? More than just an alphabetical presentation of definitions, this volume offers a fascinating insider's view of the lingo and operations of the CIA, MI5, Mossad, the KGB, and other top-secret organizations.
Created by the founding executive director of the International Spy Museum, who is also a former operative in the CIA's Clandestine Service, this is the official handbook for kids who dream of one day becoming a spy or working in the intelligence field. Have you ever wondered what spies really do. What kind of training is involved? Do you have to go to a special school or take a polygraph test? How do you live your "cover"? How does your work life affect your relationships with your friends and family? Is there danger involved? This fascinating, fact-filled book answers these questions and more while providing a historical timeline, definitions of key terms, suggestions for further reading, an index, quizzes, and exercises to see if you have the right spy stuff.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.