- Table View
- List View
(THIS SYNOPSIS IS QUOTED FROM THE LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE COVERS OF THE BOOK) "IN THE NOT-TOO-DISTANT FUTURE, the nation plummets toward moral bankruptcy as drugs, prostitution, and other deviant behaviors gain praise and legislative approval in state after state. Morally and culturally diverse California splits into two states, and the race for North California's first governor becomes a heated clash over the issues of tolerance and intolerance. Blaming the godless culture for the loss of her son and the demise of her marriage, Stevie Van Horne leaves Los Angeles with her two children for the promise of a better life in North California. She pours herself into the campaign to elect conservative Dan Bellardi as governor to establish a safe haven where Judeo-Christian values can flourish once more. But the move north leaves the children yearning for their father, friends, and familiar surroundings. Terrorist attacks, a cult seduction, and interference from her ex-husband tempt Stevie to forget her goal. She is determined to salvage her aikido from the encroaching culture. But to do so she must release the past, rethink her priorities and fully trust God for her future."
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.